Day in the life of a Food Ninja

A burnt out late 20's something guy tries to get back to normality

Thursday, January 05, 2006

Spicy Peanut Sauce



There was a time when we used to frequent a restaurant that had a Spicy chicken Pizza with peanut sauce, I have spent a long time trying to reproduce this sauce and finally SUCCESS. I am totally stoked about it bc that restaurant went out of business 4 years ago, and it has been a while since I have gotten my fix. The dough recipe is the old stand by , but sally forth for the sauce.

Spicy Peanut Sauce

The Hardware
Blender
Spoon

The Software
1 215g can of Herdez Chilpotles Chilies
1 C of smooth peanut butter
1/4 C of Soya sauce
enough beef broth to make it the consistency of tomato sauce

The Application
In a Glass blender mix the above 3 ingredients and puree add broth in until you get the constancy you desire. I topped this pizza with Turkey, onions, mushrooms, and green peppers.

But I frequently look back at my life, searching for that fork in the road, trying to figure out where, exactly, I went bad and became a thrill-seeking, pleasure-hungry sensualist, always looking to shock, amuse, terrify and manipulate, seeking to fill that empty spot in my soul with something new. -Anthony Bourdain

4 Comments:

  • At 10:44 PM, Blogger Randi said…

    wow, thats a lotta freaking chipoltles.

     
  • At 10:52 AM, Blogger FoodNinja said…

    it made a freaking amount of sauce, enough for about 9 pizzas

     
  • At 6:17 PM, Blogger Megan said…

    If I can somehow manage to find chipotles in this country, I'm going to try making this.

     
  • At 1:05 PM, Blogger Stephanie said…

    It looks a little like our satay sauce which we have with little skewers of meat, rice cakes, cucumber and onions. It's absolutely divine. I would never have thought of having satay sauce with pizza though. Interesting ...

     

Post a Comment

<< Home