Day in the life of a Food Ninja

A burnt out late 20's something guy tries to get back to normality

Saturday, August 20, 2005

New Pizza Dough



I have been tweeking my pizza dough recipe to make it a bit more fun, I also made a garlic infused oil that I spread on the pan before I put on the dough and it flavored the crust very nicely. I feel so good about making this b/c we have been living off of freezer meals and pavilion food for so long it is nice to get down to some home cooking again.

Today I hope to make my most sinful cheese corn bread, and Monday shoo fly pie day... yay... for pie

Pizza Dough

The Hardware
Large Bowl
Spatchela
Pizza Pan

The Software
1 1/2 C AP Flour
2 C Whole Wheat Flour
1 Tsp Salt
1 Tbsp Honey
1 Tbsp Instant Yeast
1 1/2 C of warm water
3 Tbsp of Olive oil
a mixture of herbs such as oregano, basil, and anything else you have Italian-ee

The Application
Mix together in a bowl AP flour, salt, yeast, oil, and herbs. In a two cup measure fill with the 1 1/2 C warm water and then add the honey, stir well. Add the honey water to the flour-herb mixture. Mix until moistened and let sit for a minute.

Now Gradually stir in the 2 C of Whole wheat flour (reserving some for roll out) Then knock out onto a floured counter and kneed for about 5-10 min.

Let rise for about 45-60 min, punch down and separate into three and let rise again.

Now roll out and place on an oiled pan and top.

Bake for about 15 min @ 400 D

Garlic Oil

In a small sauce pan heat 2 c of vedge oil, add in one bulb of garlic that has been pealed cook on LOW till the garlic become mushy, remove the garlic and let oil cool. Funnel into a cool bottle and voila.

Garlic Butter

I take the cooked garlic and place it in a bow with about 2-3 sticks of real butter and 1/2 C of parsley mix it up real good and then place into a container. This is a staple in my fridge :)

1 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home