Day in the life of a Food Ninja

A burnt out late 20's something guy tries to get back to normality

Thursday, January 11, 2007

CouscouS apricot and Cashew



Granted the picture isn't very good but it tasted very good.
This is something I threw together for breakfast one day, I am sure it would be more appropriate for a side dish at supper time, but you do what you got to.

The Hardware
Chef Knife
Sauce Pan
Fork

The Software
1 C of Water
1/3 C Cashews Chopped
1/3 C Apricots Dried and Chopped
250 Grams of Couscous
2 Tbs olive oil

The Application
Bring water to boil, while it is coming to boil chop nuts and apricots. Add them to the water, now let them Co-mingle for a few 45odd seconds so the water takes on some of the fruitty nutty goodness. Once the water is good and rolling take off the heat and add the couscous. All the water should be absorbed by the couscous. After about 1min add the olive oil and fluff with a fork. Dig in.....

Now playing-> U2 One. This song brings back so many emotions from my childhood. listing to it puts me back to a time when I was living in my parents basement. Saving up for my first car. Learning to be an adult, finding out that they are just winging it too. That time seems so long ago.

12 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home