Day in the life of a Food Ninja

A burnt out late 20's something guy tries to get back to normality

Wednesday, February 15, 2006

Coconut Oatmeal Cookies



Hiya,

I make about a batch of cookies a week on my days off, it is something to snack on as well as to tip the Organic food delivery guy. This weeks cookies were freaking amazing. They were soo crisp it was un real.

Coconut Oatmeal Cookies

The Hardware
Bowl
Mixer
Baking sheet

The Software
2 cups ap flour
1 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 tsp cinnamon
1/2 cup butter, softened
1/2 tsp vanilla extract
1 tbsp milk
1 cup brown sugar, firmly packed
1/2 cup white sugar
2 eggs
1 cup quick oats
1 cup shredded coconut

The Application
In a small bowl sift together flour, soda, baking powder, salt and cinnamon. In a larger bowl cream butter and sugar till combined. Beat in vanilla, milk and eggs for about 2 min, stir in flour mixture, add oats and coconut. Drop in small tablespoons on to a baking sheet and bake for 11 min in a 350 d oven.

TODAY -47 Holy crap! Welcome to Canada eh!

3 Comments:

  • At 1:08 PM, Blogger Dawna said…

    These are very close to what was my favourite cookie to make (and eat!) when I was growing up. Your version looks yummy!

     
  • At 9:57 AM, Blogger Nic said…

    Yum! These look delish!

     
  • At 12:25 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I am done my biscotti, with half the running water back in my place. I am just waiting on the pictures, then I will send them in.

    S

     

Post a Comment

<< Home