Day in the life of a Food Ninja

A burnt out late 20's something guy tries to get back to normality

Monday, January 09, 2006

Turkey Pot Pie



Hiya..

This is one of the many things I did with all the left over turkey from Christmas. I love this pie. I made it with whole wheat pie crust the filling was something that I whipped up. I love cooking on the fly.. Plus I am pretty good at imitation cooking, I can eat something and usually reproduce it myself, one exception would be Indian food. I am poorly at curry.

Turkey Pot Pie.

The Hardware.
whisk
Knife
Pot
Pie Plate

The Software
3tbs butter
2C sliced mushrooms
1/4C ap flour
1C turkey stock (made the stock from the left over turkey bits and bones)
2C whole milk
Assorted spices from my pantry about 1/2tsp of thyme, sage, s&p
3C cubed turkey
3C of cubed carrots and frozen Peas.

The Application
Melt 1 tsp of butter in a deep sauce pan and add mushrooms, cook till moisture has evaporated they shrink a bit.Add the rest of the butter and then the flour. Blend. Whisk in milk and stock. Bring to boil and then remove from heat. Whisk often to maintain smoothness. Add in turkey and vedge.

Roll out pie crust and place bottom in pan do not prick. add the above filling and cover with other crust. Bake at 400 for 6 min and then reduce heat to 350 and bake for 30-35 min. Let rest for 10-15 min before serving.

Now Playing Filter:-Take a picture

2 Comments:

  • At 6:03 PM, Blogger mae said…

    Me neither but this sure looks great. Most of the times i buy readymade pie from the supermarket - when i don't have time to fuss in the kitchen. Sometimes i win - sometimes i lose. Lol.

     
  • At 8:48 AM, Blogger Randi said…

    the crust looks so great, light and fluffy. I still have frozen turkey pot pies from 2004. LOL

     

Post a Comment

<< Home