Day in the life of a Food Ninja

A burnt out late 20's something guy tries to get back to normality

Monday, January 02, 2006

MEME ~ You Are What You Eat

Weeee. I have been tagged for a Meme, by Linda . I love doing these, This one is lists off your top ten foods. This was started by a fellow Canadian, Ruth of Once Upon a Feast. With out further hesitation

1. Steak. Cooked over charcoal or wood, I am a rare kinda guy, I just like the steak warm but still bloody. I do most of my grilling on a small burner that travels with me to many locations.

2. Provolone Cheese. I am a big cheese lover, this is the one that I could eat till I pop.

3. Saskatoon Berry Pie. We pick pails of berries every year, and we make tones of pies to get us threw the winter.

4. Black Olives. In bread with herbs, in a sexy Greek salad, or just plain in a jar. I love salty foods.

5. Perogies. I have come the the conclusion that every culture has some form of this food. My fave is a potato, onion, bacon, and cheese mix that I entered in the Taste of Canada do in July.

6. Butter chicken. This is an Indian dish that melts me all over, it might have something to do with all the saffron in it.

7. Brownies. I have so many different recipes, I think my Best Ever Brownie recipe is still my fave, with my toffee one in second.

8. Pork Sovloki. Something I discovered last summer, Greek food Rocks my Socks any day of the week.

9. Singapore Fried Noodles. I have a killer recipe from Ming Tsia from back when he did East meets West on Food network.

10. Pizza. I make my own pizza I just discovered Peanut sauce, I made Spicy Turkey pizza the other day and that will be my next blog entry in a day or so..

Tag your up.
Megan at Treats & Chortles
Grommie at Fabulous cheese babe
Sam at The_Samantha_Files

6 Comments:

  • At 1:15 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Hey Jason,

    Ok, duly tagged... I'll have to think about that one. And of course we can do another music swap, I have a few new mixes I'd be happy to burn for you!

     
  • At 7:36 AM, Blogger Megan said…

    Spicy turkey pizza! Oh dear... that sounds dangerously good.

     
  • At 8:57 AM, Blogger Megan said…

    Updated. Took about 5 seconds to come up with 10 things. Then I sort of overdid the commentary. Ah well!

     
  • At 5:37 AM, Blogger mae said…

    I agree with you on #1. I love singapore rice noodles too. And for Greek food? Love Kleftico!

    Yummy list.

     
  • At 5:39 AM, Blogger mae said…

    Oh, with one exception, i like mine medium rare...

     
  • At 5:16 PM, Blogger Kari said…

    Thanks Templar, I think I was tagged for this meme under a different name... anyway, I'm glad to oblige. Hopefully I'll have it posted by the end of the weekend.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home