Day in the life of a Food Ninja

A burnt out late 20's something guy tries to get back to normality

Wednesday, November 09, 2005

Long Live the Grill



I once saw Alton gill tuna on charcoal starter, and ever since then I have been in love with this rather inexpensive article of tomcookery it is defiantly cooking for one friendly. Today the gurl has gone to work and I am home just coming off shift hungry, so the freezer says BURGERS... my tummy can not disagree. I set up my burner on the back step and after 10-15 min I am ready for hamburgery goodness. What blew my socks off is that the burner melted all the snow within a 10ft radius of it. This isn't really a recipe entry it is more like a foodies ramblings.... I get off work at 8am, the neighbor's still look at me funny when I start BBQ'n and drinking beer at this time of the morning.

"I am very much at home with charcoal. I love Charcoal. I can reach a Zen-like oneness with the coals." -Alton Brown from his book I'm just here for the food.

5 Comments:

  • At 11:45 AM, Blogger Randi said…

    OMG, you have snow already? Im dreading our first snow. The temps finally dropped today. Yesterday and all week its been in the upper teens. We had a long summer and I loved it.

     
  • At 5:05 PM, Blogger Ana said…

    Where did you get that grill-for-one thingy? Where can I get one? I just love the idea!

     
  • At 9:03 PM, Blogger FoodNinja said…

    It is where I get most of my Grill Supply,, wal-mart aka my big blue store, only availible during the summer months, Technicly called a charcoal chimney

     
  • At 9:51 AM, Blogger Unknown said…

    I believe Alton described it as "cooking on a jet engine" :D Always wanted to try it, but building regs being what they are, we aren't even alllowed to THINK about having a grill.

     
  • At 4:04 PM, Blogger Unknown said…

    i love alton brown! although i'm not so sure about his pineapple upside down pecan pie concoction...

     

Post a Comment

<< Home