Day in the life of a Food Ninja

A burnt out late 20's something guy tries to get back to normality

Sunday, October 16, 2005

Shrimp Salad




Ana at the Pumpkin Pie Bungalow Inspired this dish I must say it turned out devine. It is a good way for me to eat avocados, I dont particularly like the green little things but they come in my fresh box every now and then and I keep forcing myself to eat them. even though it is as simple as saying "FOOD people no more avocados" I like to think that I can eat everything as long as I find the right recipie...

Shrimp Salad

The Hardware
Knife
Bowl
Wisk

The Software
2 avocados
1 shrimp ring
1/2 C of pecans pieces
juice of 1 lemon
1 clove of garlic minced
2 tbs of olive oil

The Application
Dice the avocado and de-tail the shrimp and combine in a bowl with the pecans. In a seperate bowl wisk together the lemon juice, garlic, and olive oil. then add the dressing to the shrimpy goodness and enjoy.

I am so proud of me I was able to keep my kitchen clean all work week. Gold star for me!

5 Comments:

  • At 6:29 AM, Blogger Ana said…

    Sounds delish that salad and the pecans are an inspired addition. Two avocados....now that's an idea. I just love the stuff.

     
  • At 8:55 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Sorry, this is a comment about your Christmas menu (I can't find link to leave general comments on your site). Perogies and beet leaf buns - my family cooked the same foods!! Any Ukrainian blood in you?
    And the avacados? Make some sushi rice, get some nori and - you've got sushi!
    I'm guessing guacamole doesn't do anything for you.

     
  • At 10:32 PM, Blogger FoodNinja said…

    Ana. your the insparation to that dish, I enjoyed.

    Arlen. I am very Ukrainian, pale as a sheet, this is a very typical holiday meal with addition of French food, Tortseir, and chease and grapes, that is from my gurls side of the family. I am very excited about christmas as I am the first of my siblings to host a family supper it has always been at my moms, or grandmas in the past.

     
  • At 7:31 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    After you make your Christmas dinner, can you post your recipes from the dinner? I live in Japan now, so it's only the odd time I can pop back to Winnipeg to get my Mother's beet leaf buns (I'm also Ukrainian). The menu sounds fantastic!

     
  • At 11:06 PM, Blogger Randi said…

    Being from Cali, I just love guacomole. I often make big bowls of it at parties and ppl just stare at it. It hasnt really taken off in canada, like in cali. Its so good with fresh chips or Fajitas. Yummy, Oh and today i just bought 3 avocados on clearance for 99 cents. You'd never see that in cali, they are like 1.50 each.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home