Day in the life of a Food Ninja

A burnt out late 20's something guy tries to get back to normality

Wednesday, October 12, 2005

Chunky Monkey Cake



Hiya,

I know with Christmas coming blogging is going to pick up for most people in the foodie world, I however regret to say that I am going to have to slow myself down for the next few months. I work in retail and Christmas in retail, is nuts. I have not been able to keep up with my house work either, Grr I hate clutter.

Chunky Monkey Cake

The Hardware
2 9 Inch cake pans
large bowl
electric mixer

The Software
1 package of 'Pre-measured' golden cake mix (*sigh*yes, package cake mix)
3 Eggs
1&1/3 C water
1/3 C oil
2/3 C chocolate chips
2 Mashed bananas
1 Sliced banana
large handfull of pecans

The Application
Preheat oven 350 D

In a large bowl mix on low speed cake mix, eggs, water, and oil. Then add mashed bananas, and mix on low til smooth. then by hand fold in sliced banana, nuts, chocolate. Pour equally into cake pans and bake for 35 min. they have never made it to the icing stage yet with me.

I promise more interesting things to come soon.. maybe from the Book of Great cookies

3 Comments:

  • At 8:59 AM, Blogger Nic said…

    I think that this is a good use of a cake mix. I bet it tasted good.

     
  • At 5:42 PM, Blogger April said…

    Oh, yummy. You've made me really hungry. I've gotta give your recipe a try. Thanks for sharing!

     
  • At 11:55 PM, Blogger Michele said…

    Just found your blog today and love this cake. Will have to make it in honor of my baby who's nickname is Chunky Monkey.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home