Day in the life of a Food Ninja

A burnt out late 20's something guy tries to get back to normality

Sunday, October 02, 2005

Butterscotch Brownies



These may be the most wonderfully thing I have ever baked, infact I think they contributed to my waist band issue, In other news our front trees are nearly nude all the leaves are on the lawn, I cant wait to do all that raking :P

Butterscotch Brownies

The Hardware
Electric mixer
9 Inch sq pan
Spatula
Tin Foil
Bowl

The Software
1/4 brick of butter
1 tsp of vanilla
1 tbsp of molasses
1 1/4 C of brown sugar packed
2 eggs
1 C of AP flour
3/4 C of pecans

The Application
Preheat oven to 350 D and line pan with tin foil

In a large bowl cream the butter, beat in the vanilla and molasses. Add the brown sugar and mix well. then add one egg at a time, beating inbetween eggs for a minute. be sure to scrap sides every now and then. Now mix in the flour with a spatula and then add nuts.

Pour batter into the pan and bake for 32 min

I have been very into my music collection lately, there is nothing I like better than going into the kitchen and turning on the music and making anything, it is to me, my escape, some people play video games, some people drink, I prefer to put on some Bif , Danko Jones , or Moxy Fruvous and grab a sharp knife and create something tasty to forget my corporate worries.

7 Comments:

  • At 7:54 PM, Blogger Ana said…

    Looks delicious Templar. I want some!

     
  • At 12:47 PM, Blogger Nic said…

    I love butterscotch brownies/blondies/bars in all their guises!

     
  • At 4:03 PM, Blogger FoodNinja said…

    me too.. especialy the pecan moustaches... and chocolate chip wigs.. wait that is disguises..

     
  • At 4:04 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    lol Pecan moustaches... silly!

     
  • At 8:34 PM, Blogger Randi said…

    1/4 brick? Do you mean half a cup?

     
  • At 8:13 AM, Blogger FoodNinja said…

    1/4 of a 1 lb block of butter .. 1 stick.

     
  • At 5:57 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Can't go wrong, I say, with butterscotch brownies! You remind me of Alton Brown with your "hardware" and "software" thing. Is it an homage?

     

Post a Comment

<< Home