Day in the life of a Food Ninja

A burnt out late 20's something guy tries to get back to normality

Thursday, October 06, 2005

Blue Chips



A long time ago I used to be a day manager at my big blue store, I ran the home and garden depts, go figure eh? Me and housewares! When it came time to order seed potatoes for the next season I saw these blue potatoes and knew that My store had to sell Blue potatoes. My store general manager was not a fan of this non proven item. I ordered several hundred units and crossed my fingers. Not having a garden and not being able to contribute to the sales of this risky item, I was nervous. The day they came in, 8 months later, I did a large display and watched them sell out in only a few days they were a hit, customers comeback year after year looking for them. I however never tasted them so when they came in my fresh box I was very excited. I decided to make fries out of them, I love yam fries and was told that these Russian Blue Potatoes were yamish. They turned out marv and just thought I would share this story with you.

1 Comments:

  • At 4:02 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    JASON! I have been meaning to e-mail you for days! Thank you so much for the WONDERFUL package you send me for the BBM2 swap! I loved everything and am happy to report I am now 10 lbs heavier!

    Thanks so much!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home