Day in the life of a Food Ninja

A burnt out late 20's something guy tries to get back to normality

Monday, September 19, 2005

Roasted Stuffed Peppers.



Hiya...
Hoo boi.. a long busy night at work, but super productive my crew emptied 3148 boxes last night. that works out to be 2 semi trailers full. each person has to put out a box every 2 minutes to meet there goals for productivity it is great when we go beyond expectations like that..

Anyway the food... We got lots of yellow bell peppers in our food box last week and I have always wanted to make stuffed peppers, I dont know I have always loved stuffed things.. Turkey, perogies, spring rolls... Mmmm

Stuffed Bell Peppers.

The Hardware
Knife
Bowl,

The Software
1 1/2 pounds sweet Italian sausages, casings removed
1 1/2 cups coarsely grated zucchini (about 1 large)
1/2 cup finely chopped red onion
1/3 cup minced fresh parsley
1/4 cup fine dry breadcrumbs
1 large egg
1 teaspoon ground black pepper
3/4 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon minced fresh rosemary
4 medium-size red bell peppers

The Application
Preheat oven to 350°F. Mix first 9 ingredients in large bowl until well blended. Fill pepper halves with sausage mixture, dividing equally and mounding slightly. Arrange in 13 x 9 x 2-inch baking dish. Bake peppers uncovered until tops are browned and thermometer inserted into filling registers 165°F., about 1 hour.

That is all I know it feels like I didnt put much heart into this entry and for that I am sorry, I love cooking, and when I do it I feel like I am in my own world it is me, my music, knife and food. it makes me happy to make thing that feed our family.

2 Comments:

  • At 10:41 AM, Blogger Dawna said…

    You sound a teensy bit tired, Templar, but not heartless! I love stuffed peppers, but I don't make them as much now that there's a great, cheap restaurant near me that does wonderful ones. I am planning to stuff some tomatoes for dinner soon, though!

    I know exactly what you mean, feeling happy (and proud) to make the things that feed your family.

     
  • At 10:34 AM, Blogger Randi said…

    It was a great entry, as all your entries are. You're probably exhausted from emptying all those boxes.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home