Day in the life of a Food Ninja

A burnt out late 20's something guy tries to get back to normality

Wednesday, September 07, 2005

Oatmeal Cookies



Every now and then I do random acts of baking, what this is, is that when we order out we will tip the delivery driver in cookies, biscottie, or loaf of bread. The above picture is the last thing I tipped, Some times I worry that people think I am trying to poison them, Last year they had to actually say on the local news "don't take food from strangers" Because someone got surprised by "special brownies" at the local Folk Festival.

Oatmeal Cookies

The Hardware
Bowl
Baking Sheet
Hand Mixer

The Software
3/4 C margarine
3/4 C Brown Sugar
1/2 C White Sugar
2 Egg
2 Tbsp Water
2 Tsp Vanilla
----
3/4 C AP Flour
3/4 Tsp Baking Soda
1 Tsp Cinnamon
----
3 C Oatmeal
1 C Semi Sweet Choco Chips

The Application
Cream together the first set of ingredients with a hand mixer, till light and fluffy.

Add in the second set mix well.

Add in the third set mix about well and drop on a greased baking sheet in balls about 1 inch around. Bake for 12-13 Min in a preheated 350 D oven.

This is an odd recipe that I found in my Gurls recipe book, it wasn't written in the style that she usualy writes so it made me try it, She didnt even recognize them, Sometimes I think she writes in her sleep :P

2 Comments:

  • At 11:42 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Not to be impatient but when is the judging going to happen
    steven

     
  • At 12:02 PM, Blogger Dawna said…

    Oat-y goodness! I love oatmeal cookies. Have you ever tried adding extra spices, such as nutmeg, cloves, or allspice? I really like the flavours that they add!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home