Day in the life of a Food Ninja

A burnt out late 20's something guy tries to get back to normality

Friday, September 30, 2005

Leek and potato soup with Sausage.



Hiya..
This week in the fresh box I opened it up and got a strong pull of inspiration, I saw Leeks, and for some reason I thought soup. I am going to try to do the Wednesday dinner meal with what comes in the box now. I thought this soup turned out very well,

Leek and potato Soup with Sausage

The Hardware
Knife
Stock Pot
potato Masher

The Software
6 Small Leeks (just the white and light green)
6 C of diced potato
8 Mild Italian sausages (Small)
2 Tbsp of Fennel seeds
1 L of chicken stock
2 C of Water
2/3 C of heavy cream

The Application
Remove the casing from the sausage and begin to fry in the stock pot, after about 2 min add Chopped leeks and fennel. Fry for about 10 min. While the leek is cooking peel and dice the potatoes, I used Yukon golds. Add potatoes, chicken stock, and water. Simmer uncovered for about 20 min, or until the potatoes are very soft. then mash with a potato masher for a bit to give the potatoes a bit if texture. Add cream and heat for 5 min. Serve, It made about 8 servings for me.

I am looking forward to my days off this week ... I have some cooking to catch up on. and that cookie cook book has been calling my name.

3 Comments:

  • At 5:45 PM, Blogger Jen said…

    Hey! I love leek and potato soup... I'd love to try your recepie, please.

     
  • At 11:21 AM, Blogger Dawna said…

    Mmmm...soup! It's certainly the weather for it. Good fall food!

     
  • At 5:27 AM, Blogger Jen said…

    Thanks for the recepie. Sorry about the crack in the CD. Do you want me to send you a new CD2?? I am happy to do that!/Jen

     

Post a Comment

<< Home