Day in the life of a Food Ninja

A burnt out late 20's something guy tries to get back to normality

Friday, September 02, 2005

Eggless Chocolate Cake.



Hiya. Whaaaa Life is taking me for a ride as of late, Money Money Money.. this gosh darn house is costing soo much,,, during our dinner party last week, we had plumbing back up... so welcome to our home(pssst you cant use the toilet,, there is a subway down the street) Soo I am looking at getting a second job... I hear that the Organic Fruit and Vedge delivery co. that we order from is looking for pt drivers,, so I might try there.. if not I have always wanted to work at the falafel place (A local Jewish Restaurant),,,, so down to business..

Vegan Chocolate Cake

The Hardware
1 9 inch baking round (pan)
1 flour sifter
1 Fork

The Software
1 1/2 C Flour
3 tbsp Cocoa
1 tsp Baking soda
1 C White sugar
1/2 tsp Salt
5 tbsp Oil
1 tbsp Vinegar
1 tsp Vanilla
1 C Cold Water

The Application
Sift all dry ingredients into the 9 inch baking pan (grease the pan first)

Make 3 wells in the dry powder, one big one, and two smaller ones... I should kinda look like Mickey mouse. Pour the oil, vinegar, and vanilla into each of the wells. Then pour cold water over top everything and mix with a fork quickly, and as soon as there is no lumps or dry on the bottom of the pan put it in a 350 D oven as quick as possible. Bake for 30 Min.

5 Comments:

  • At 6:56 PM, Blogger Ana said…

    Hey Templar, I like the photo. Nice to meet you. This cake looks really yummy, good for the Vegan IMBB Sam Breach is hosting.

     
  • At 3:24 PM, Blogger Randi said…

    i was just thinking this would be good for the IMBB too. How did it taste?

     
  • At 6:06 PM, Blogger FoodNinja said…

    it tasts very good, quite rich, if you dont sift well you get bitter spots were cocoa has clumped. so if you want to dirty an extra bowl you can pre-mix the dry and then pass them through a sifter.

     
  • At 7:33 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    ok, i'm usually a patient person, but I did not make my dip for nothing. My competitiveness is consuming me. And I have no one else really to bug, so I choose you. And you love me so you will tolerate it.

    <3
    your baby sis

     
  • At 11:24 PM, Blogger tanvi said…

    thats vegan?! wow, im impressed. great recipe.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home