Day in the life of a Food Ninja

A burnt out late 20's something guy tries to get back to normality

Friday, August 12, 2005

Japan Pavilion



The Japan Pavilion always rocks, The food is good, shown above is two trays one is the sushi bento and it is basic rice and vedge rolls, however there is one crab roll in there. The other is a Beef Bento it has a salad with raspberry dressing, a Maple shabo shabo beef, I think that is beef cooked in maple flavored water, and the little pastry on the side had raspberry filling and was very good.

The show was wonderful too. The highlight for me is always the taiko drumming it is so high energy. My gurl really wants to take lessons, but it is in a dodgy area of town and I work when they are so I cant go with her :(

2 Comments:

  • At 5:44 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    HI HI HI HI

    I've forgotten my username and password from blogger... so apparently I'll be Anonymous...

    Folklorama looked so good this year. I'm sorry I missed it... though your pictures turned out much better than mine from last year. :D

    I'm glad to see that you had fun, and even happier to know that Oblio got a new job. Stressing about work is no fun.

    So I just wanted to poke my head in and let you know that I'm all caught up on both you and your "gurl"'s blogs.

    *huge hugs*
    Ellie

     
  • At 7:32 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Good to see pictures from Folklorama. I'm a former Winnipegger now living in Japan and I often mention the festival to people here. By the by, the meat is called 'shabu shabu'. Also it's been 10 years since living in the 'peg, but I used to learn Tai chi at the Japanese cultural centre and the area wasn't 'dangerous' at the time. Maybe things have changed. Thanks for the Folklorama posting!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home