Day in the life of a Food Ninja

A burnt out late 20's something guy tries to get back to normality

Monday, August 08, 2005

Basic Corn Muffins



This is one of my corn bread recipes, I have a much more fun/yummy/fattening one that I just don't have the ingredients for right now, but as soon as I do I will make it. I love corn muffins first thing in the morning, it is very filling and great for a car breakfast if you are running late.

The Hardware
Two Bowls
Wisk
12 Pack Muffin Tray

The Software
3/4 C Corn Meal
1 1/4 C Milk
1 C Flour AP
1/3 C Sugar
1 Tbsp Baking Powder
1/2 Tsp salt
1 Egg
1/4 C Vedg Oil

The Application
Combine the corn meal and milk and let stand for 10 min.

In a different bowl mix all the dry ingredients.

After the 10 min add the egg and the oil to the corn mixture and mix well.

Add the dry to the wet and pour into the muffin tins, bake in a 400 degree oven for 15-20 min

Very tasty the mixture can be made the night before and just baked in the morning.

2 Comments:

  • At 5:32 PM, Blogger Ana said…

    This recipe looks good Templar. I love anything with cornmeal. I'll be giving these a try.

     
  • At 7:41 PM, Blogger Randi said…

    mmmm, corn muffins. have you tried melted butter instead of veg oil? It makes a difference.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home