Day in the life of a Food Ninja

A burnt out late 20's something guy tries to get back to normality

Wednesday, July 27, 2005

Tabbouleh



This is a totally Vegan Dish. I love this ever since a friend brought it over for a dinner party one day. This is the first time I have made it and it turned out well, and it made lots, this is great for me because I can have this for a quick snack before bed.

Tabbouleh

The Hardware
Knife
Large Bowl

The Software
2 C Bulgur wheat
3 C Parsley
4 Tbsp of dried mint
3 Green Onions Chopped fine
2 Tomatoes Chopped in 1" pieces
1 Cucumber Chopped in 1" pieces
1 Avocado Chopped in 1" pieces
Pepper and Cumin to taste
Juice of 3 small limes
3 Tbsp of Olive oil

The Application
Place all items in a large bowl except the lime juice and olive oil. Mix them all well and then add the lime juice and refrigerate overnight. Before serving Toss with olive oil and then serve.

-end post

5 Comments:

  • At 8:32 AM, Blogger Ana said…

    Mmmmm! Looks very tasty and healthy. I'm used to the tabouleh I purchase at my health food store. It has very little bulgur and lots of parsley and many times I use it as an accent to a dish or as a dressing to other salads. Yours looks more like a main-dish salad. Yummy!

     
  • At 9:53 AM, Blogger FoodNinja said…

    LOL.. Mine supposed to be a side dish too,, however I have been eating it as meals... it made soo much.. it is great thou.. I am not tired of it yet...

     
  • At 1:04 PM, Blogger Dawna said…

    Looks good, Templar. I usually de-seed the tomatoes and cukes, so the leftovers don't go soggy in the sink. Try using fresh mint if you have it handy - I'll use dry in a pinch, but prefer the "hit" from the fresh!

    I've never seen avocado in Tabbouleh, but it sounds delicious.

     
  • At 12:52 PM, Blogger Dawna said…

    Okay, I'm clearly losing it, because I meant to say "fridge" where I typed "sink" in that last comment. Grrrr!

     
  • At 9:13 AM, Blogger FoodNinja said…

    I knew what you ment.. I am glad that it dosnt JUST happen to me too.. I prefer fresh mint too.. For some reason it is freakisly expensive here!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home