Day in the life of a Food Ninja

A burnt out late 20's something guy tries to get back to normality

Saturday, July 02, 2005

Stop Thief!!!!

*edit*Ok due to teasing I have gone through and corrected my spelling errors...

Alas... My last job prior to the one I do now was arresting shoplifter at the W**-Ma*t, I loved that job and got a good laugh out of the 25-35ish people who said "I just forgot to pay for it" I would say Yah I get that all the time and proceed to call the cops and charge them for theft under $5000.

Well Yesterday... It happened to me... Except it wasn't at Val-mart. It was at somewhere much much more bizarre... It is always stranger when it involves a rubbermaid tote full of fruits and vegetables...

Fresh Options Organic Delivery Or F.O.O.D. offers a service where they deliver organic produce to your door once a week.. Now the food rocks and is very tasty.. Except we were out of town for there normal delivery night so we arranged for me to pick up the Fresh Box the next day at their office.

I leave my house around 3 and head to the area after finding Richard St I follow the house numbers.. I am looking for 1377 the numbers on the buildings are as follows... 1373,1375, 1379... WTH .. It turns out that it is the door around back.. So after finding that place I take my empty tote to the desk inside the small office.. The nice lady gives me a tour.. It consists of 3 rooms all together are smaller than my livingroom.. wow.. from that small space they service about 300 customers...

I was very impressed so she hands me my full tote and we talk about how her cooler is the same size as the cooler we keep milk in at the store, and I cant believe that only 3 people run that business, and 300 totes fit in that cooler. I thanked her and left with my vedgies..

When I got home I emptied my fruits and vedge into the fridge... and snacked on an apple they always taste best strait out of the box... and then I emptied my pockets and low and behold I FORGOT to pay... D'oh.... so we sent them an email apologizing for my thieving ways and will run the money to them on Monday... so until then I am fearfully looking out the window for the cop car with a carrot on the side..

-end post

3 Comments:

  • At 5:09 PM, Blogger Ana said…

    I had a good chuckle!

     
  • At 8:03 PM, Blogger FoodNinja said…

    I got a good laugh out of my spelling when I woke up and re read the entry.. Working the night shift for 12 hrs has hindered my English writing Skilz.. LOL

     
  • At 10:28 AM, Blogger Unknown said…

    Okay, I luaghed too. I catch people doing it all the time in thye market where I work and they are usually so mortified that I know they truly forgot. Of course, you always get the ones who want to steal a tub of creme fraiche....

     

Post a Comment

<< Home