Day in the life of a Food Ninja

A burnt out late 20's something guy tries to get back to normality

Wednesday, July 13, 2005

The Panini


We had a BBQ yesteday with one of my Gurl's oldest friends, With all things BBQ I made Steak. Now at 2 am I get hungry after reading Domestic Goddess blog I knew exactly what to make with the left over steaks.. Cause Ninja always Makes too much of everything.. LOL

Panini

The Hardware
Knife
Two Pans

The Software
One onion
1 left over cooked steak
2 slice of Bread
1/2 C of shreaded cheader

The Application
Fry Onions till translucent, then add steak that has been sliced as thin as possible against the grain, cook till onions are golden. On a seperate round on the stove heat a cast Iron fry pan for about 8-9 min, This may be a bit tricky to try and explain cause I suck at this kinda stuff so I will do it point form
-remove onions and steak from first pan
-place a slice of bread in the above said first pan
-pile steak onion and chease on top of bread
-add anouther slice of bread on top so it looks like an assuming sandwich..
- now take the castiron pan and spray the bottom with cooking spray
- place the pan on top of the sandwich to grill from both directions at once ...
is this why it is called a PANini? Sounds good to me and it tasted great... 2am snacking will never be the same..

-end post

1 Comments:

  • At 7:41 PM, Blogger Ana said…

    The picture certainly looks inviting, but at 2:00 a.m. I want me some cereal or ice-cream.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home