Day in the life of a Food Ninja

A burnt out late 20's something guy tries to get back to normality

Wednesday, July 27, 2005

'Crab' Quiche


I have been flipping between Vegitarian and Meat meals as of late. I have been having my Vedge stock pile up a bit.. My latest abundance is Beats I duno what I am gona do with that. My Gurl is not too found of them.. I dont have a good borscht recipie either, My grandma is keeping that one kinda close to the cheast. Anyway back to the Quiche at hand. Traditionally quiche is a small individual size pie, this one however is made in a 10 inch pie plate. The dish comes from my Mother-inlaw She made this one up.

'Crab' Quiche

The Hardware
Bowl,
Pie Plate

The Software
4 Eggs
1/2 C of Cheddar, Shredded
1/2 C of Milk
1/4 C of Onion (chopped fine)
2 C of Pollack Flakes
1/4 tsp Dry Mustard
1/2 tsp Worcestershire
Dash of Paprika

The Application
Beat Eggs, Milk, Mustard, Worchestershire, and onion. Pour over pollack in a raw pie crust. Sprinkle with cheddar and paprika. Bake at 450d for 5 min and then turn down to 325d for 40 min.

1 Comments:

  • At 10:43 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Mmm... beets. Check out 'Please to the Table' for some GREAT borscht recipes... you could even just go to a bookstore and copy down a recipe (I've made the meat version, as well as the quick vegetarian version - great way to use up lots of veggies). I like this cookbook b/c I have Eastern European roots, and just love the food. There's also a great recipe for chicken satsivi (chicken in walnut sauce). We're eating mostly veggie at the moment, so I'd just make the walnut sauce to put on other things.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home