Day in the life of a Food Ninja

A burnt out late 20's something guy tries to get back to normality

Monday, July 25, 2005

Cauliflower



This is a dish I have made several times. The first 3 times I failed, it is no surprise why, I am bad for 'Eye balling' Ingredients (however I post them straight from the source) The last few times I followed to the letter. Wow, I know that it is not very impressive, this is food for my life, tasty! Cauliflower has been a standard in my Fresh Box so this is my second choice to Aloo Gobie.

Cauliflower W/Cheese

The Hardware
Knife
Casserole Dish
Large Pot
Sauce Pan

The Software
6 C Cauliflower
1 Tbsp Butter
2 Tbsp AP Flour
1/2 Tsp Dry Mustard
1 1/4 C Milk
1 C Grated Cheddar
1/4 Tsp Salt
1/2 C Cornflake Crumbs
2 Tsp Butter, Melted

The Application
Cut Cauliflower into bite size bits. Boil and cook to tender crisp, then shock in cold water. In a sauce pan make a roux with flour, 1tbsp butter, mustard, add milk and bring to a near boil, thicken for a bout 5 min. Add chedder, and remove from heat. In a small bowl combine crumbs and melted butter, mix till combine. Put the cooked cauliflower in a casserole dish, pour cheese sauce over top, and then cover with crumb mixture. Bake in a 375 d oven for 15 min.

You need persistence, the ability to understand that with every mistake comes valuable information-Anthony Bourdain

1 Comments:

  • At 10:50 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Yum! We have a cauliflower at home, and I had been trying to decide what to do with it. I'm def. going to make this. :)

     

Post a Comment

<< Home