Day in the life of a Food Ninja

A burnt out late 20's something guy tries to get back to normality

Sunday, June 26, 2005

The Cook Next Door Meme

I have been tagged byAna at the Pumpkin Pie Bungalow for a meme... I think these are cool I am honored to be recipent of this one..

without further waiting.....


What's your first memory of baking/cooking on your own?
I didnt acctually cook on my own till I was about 12 years old, I am the oldest of 4 kids and my youngest sister was hungry one day and the only thing I could figure out how to cook was a grilled chease sandwich... at that time she called a grouchy sandwich (she was 6)
Who had the most influence on your cooking?
My Gurl, I did some cooking as a kid, my mom made sure I took home ec. I was the only boy in the class.. (thanks mom) But is was my soul mate that watered the seed to my foodieness,, I no longer eat store bought barritoes and beer for lunch.
Do you have an old photo as "evidence" of an early exposure to the culinary world?
Sorry but no.
Mageiricophobia - do you suffer from any cooking phobia, a dish that makes your palms sweat?
Fish.. my family was a beef family we didnt eat much fish... plus when i was a kid I was told samonella was from samon.. so fish has scared me since then
What are your most valued or used kitchen gadgets and/or what was the biggest letdown?
I heart my blender... see several posts ago.. biggest letdown was the garlic press... sure it works fine but not too easy to clean ... fork works just as well
Name some funny or weird food combinations/dishes you really like - and probably no one else does.
peanut and banana sandwich, fries w/mustard, cottage chease with onions
What are the three edibles or dishes you simply don't want to live without?
bread, perogies, roast beef.
Any question you missed in this meme, that you would have loved to answer? Well then, feel free to add one!
Three quickies:
Your favorite ice-cream
Rasberry
You will definitely never eat...
rocks
Your own signature dish...
Mongolian style stir fry.

I tage Myze to fill out the survey as she is the Sopel Chef Champion

1 Comments:

  • At 9:14 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I remember the grouchy sandwiches...that's one of my first memories with you. *sniff* don't look, i'll get sentimental.

    M

     

Post a Comment

<< Home