Day in the life of a Food Ninja

A burnt out late 20's something guy tries to get back to normality

Tuesday, June 14, 2005

Banana Bread




Banana Bread

Today I got a new loaf pan. I have been excited about buying a Silicone Cookwear. I tried it our on this Banana Bread Recipe, I found the recipe in a trusty cookbook, however it was not a tall Loaf but it was very tasty and good. Eating bananas aways makes me think of the Peanut butter and banana sandwiches that I had as a kid, School lunches bring back so many memories.

The Hardware
Wisk
5x9 Loaf pan
2 Bowls.

The Software
3/4c AP flour
1/2c whole wheat flour
1 tsp Baking powder
1/2 tsp Baking soda
3/4c sugar
1 egg
1 egg white
1/4 c plain yogurt
1/4 c vedg oil
1 tsp vanilla
2 ripe Mashed Bananas

The Application
In a bowl sift together flour, baking soda, and baking powder

In a second bowl wisk together sugar, egg, egg white, vedge oil, vanilla, mix well,
Wisk in Bananas, and dry ingredients, Wisk only till the dry becomes moist do not over mix.

It is at this point you can add in Chocolate chips (I did) or nuts (I did) and then pour into the loaf pan.. Bake in a350D preheated oven for 1 h or till toothpick comes clean.

Ninja Rated 3 Throwing Stars

I have been in a very Bake-y mood latley I guess It is b/c I am a Mean Carb Craving Machine. What is next.. I Duno.. But I think it will involve BACON... MMMM Bacon

-end post

2 Comments:

  • At 5:49 AM, Blogger Ana said…

    This recipe looks really good Templar. How did you like the silicone pan?

    Several weeks ago I bought myself a 6-muffin silicone pan but have not tried it yet. I've been too busy with the garden and at the end of the day I'm too tired to do much. Soon, I hope.

     
  • At 4:20 PM, Blogger FoodNinja said…

    Hi Ana,
    I found that this bread was very dense and didnt rise much, I am not sure if it is the pan or the recipie, I am making bread soon and that will tell me.

    I am still inventing my Bacon Flavored Tooth Paste...:P

     

Post a Comment

<< Home