Day in the life of a Food Ninja

A burnt out late 20's something guy tries to get back to normality

Friday, May 20, 2005

IMBB 15


imbb15
Is my Blog Burning is an international cooking event this month the theme is JELLY This month it is hosted by Simply Recipes A big thanks to Dreska for her advice.

In the Jellied patriotic spirit I decided to Make the above. Contains Organic Strawberries and Real whipped cream, and 7up. I wanted to do something original that showed spirit, this is what I came up with. This is my first IMBB entry and I think it will only get better from here.

Click Here for the round up for IMBB 15 .. I am proud of me for entering... even though it looks amaturish against some of the other entries.. but I will rock the next one..

Native Land Flag Jelly

The Software
1 Cup of strawberries Sliced.
1 Cup of 7up
1 Packet of gelatin
250ml of 33% whipping cream

The Hardware
1 8x8 baking pan.
1 Cup measure.
1 Sheet of Parchment
1 Mixer and attachments
1 Maple leaf cookie cutter
1 Sharp Knife.

The Application
Cut an 8x8 sheet of parchment and add to the Bottom of your pan
Boil the strawberries in 1/2 cup of 7up, for about 10 min,
To a deep bowl pour 1/2 cup of cold 7up and add 1 packet of gelatine stir
Combine the hot into the cold mix completely
Pour the mixture into the pan with the parchment and Fridge for 3 hours
After the mixture has jellied turn out parchment side up onto cutting board
Peel off the parchment and cut the flag sides out and place on plate
Then with your maple leaf cookie cutter in hand cut out centre piece, add to plate

In a chilled bowl whip 250ml of 33% cream till stiff peaks. Spoon over flag and then with a spatchela take off excess. VOLIA

-end Post.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home