Day in the life of a Food Ninja

A burnt out late 20's something guy tries to get back to normality

Tuesday, May 31, 2005

Food that makes me swear!


Pancakes

I Remeber eating what my dad called Pan-a-cakes every sunday as a kid... if I got these as a kid I would have been told to go to my room.. the first works out of my mouth after tasting these were "Holly Shi^... these are good".

Whole Wheat Pancakes with Stawberry Puree

The Software
1 1/3c whole wheat flour
3tbsp brown sugar
1tbsp baking powder
1tsp cinnamon
1/4tsp salt
1 1/4 milk
1 egg
3tbsp vedg oil
1/2tsp vanilla
For the puree
2c strawberrys

The Hardware
Blender
Wisk
Bowls
Spoon
griddle of Fry pan

The Application
In Bowl mix flour, sugar, baking powder, cinnamon, and salt

In a second bowl wisk eggs, milk, oil, and vanilla ... then add to dry and wisk till smooth. Heat fry pan till med heat.. spray with nonstick spray (pam) spoon mix and cook cake.. flip in 1 1/2 min

Puree
If you dont have maple syrup this is next best... wash and hull strawberries.. (hull means take the stems off I had to look it up) cook in a small sauce pan on low heat.. for about 10 min.. then Puree in blender and serve hot over pancakes..

Ninja Rated 4.5 THROWING STARS
-----------------------------
I eat this kinda thing right before bed as I have my big meal in the evening before work.. this was a nice thing to cap off the day.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home